Motivation is KEY!
It is so easy to get discouraged when you do not see progress. But transformation does not happen overnight.
And remember…THIS ISN’T SHORT TERM. This is a LIFESTYLE!
We want to be happy, energetic, confident and strong all the time…not just so that we can fit into a bikini for a couple months then fall back into bad habits again until next summer.
So how do we stay motivated? I have read that it takes 21 days to create a habit and 90 days to create a lifestyle. Think about it, that’s totally doable. Your mind is an extremely powerful thing. You can do ANYTHING you put your mind to. Push yourself. Remind yourself of how good it feels to get your heart rate going, how confident you feel when you beat your personal records.
- Make a badass playlist. I have a cardio playlist (consisting of mostly hiphop&rap) separate from my lifting playlist (consisting of all classic/southern rock.) I don’t know what it is about a little Lynyrd Skynyrd that really gets me pumped.
- Buy some cute and flattering athletic wear. You don’t have to go crazy and dump all your money into LuLuLemon or GymShark. No disrespect but I have found much comfier and cuter clothes for a way better price at Old Navy. Also totally utilize my 10% discount at http://www.JustStrongClothing.com code: STEVIEJS10 (Yep there was my one and only plug) They have really flattering active wear and an empowering mission statement.
- Take progress pictures. Forget the scale. Take pictures every once in awhile. That will show you how far you’ve come way more than the scale will.
- Stay educated. Keep yourself up to date on articles on http://www.BodyBuilding.com. Ask people questions! If you see someone at the gym doing something you want to do, ask for advice! Stay excited about this. Find new information, new exercises, new recipes. Keep learning.
- Get an exercise and/or meal prep buddy! This isn’t for everyone; some people like to get in the zone and work out alone and some people like to have a buddy with them. I think it is good to have a friend come with you at least in the beginning specially if you’re nervous to venture into the weightlifting room.
Last but not least……contact me!!! I’m here for y’all.